Welcome to Massachusetts Bernedoodles!
Updated May 2021
Welcome to Massachusetts Bernedoodles, a home-based, kennel-free and highly ethical breeder out of Massachusetts! I have just updated the Website and pages with new and exciting announcements!
As the owner, I take tremendous pride in being a responsible bernedoodle breeder. My bernedoodles and their puppies are raised in a kennel free environment, similar to a doggie daycare, with 24/7 care and 24/7 live puppy cameras! Our puppies are cuddled and loved by people from the day they are born and you get to see it all once on the official list!
I do not believe that any dog should live their life in a kennel and/or for the sole purpose of breeding. Therefore, I have made the decision to keep the environment for my parent dogs in a kennel-free environment much like a doggie daycare where they all get to play together by day, in one of my six doggie play arenas, and sleep together by night! They are social, loving and house trained doggo’s just like any other.
(Doodles in pairs pictured above! A Tri-Sable Bernedoodle on the left and a traditional Tri-colored Bernedoodle on the right)
The best way to find the most up to date information, in the fastest way is to… follow these steps!
1. First explore the website as most of your questions will be answered this way. It’s important to do your research and due diligence in order to identify and ultimately select a reputable, ethical breeder. We aim to be completely transparent with our live 24/7 puppy cams!
2. Click here and/or here to learn about colors and patterns Bernedoodles come in and clinic here to learn about temperament by category! Caution: Extreme cuteness overload may occur and could last several decades.
to find the Upcoming Availability google doc which is a live document and updated as deposits are made. This google doc will make a lot more sense if you’ve identified the look and see size Bernedoodle for you! It is best amd easier to understand with a printed version as it’s very thorough and will provide you with approximate wait times by category (ie; F1 Mini, F2 Mini, F1 Standard etc.).
3. Click here to learn about puppy pricing and then click here to fill out the puppy adoption form. Don’t forget to indicate which list you would like to be on after reviewing the Upcoming Availability google document referenced above. The last question asks which list you’d like to be on.
4. If you know which list you’d like to be on, you can go ahead and place a deposit via the PayPal button on the puppy deposit page and you will receive a confirmation email within 1-2 business days. PayPal is our deposit method of choice because it offers YOU protection against the many scams out there currently. It’s easily documented and easy to look up transactions for both of us too, if needed. However, we do accept other payment methods for the balance when you come to choose your puppy!
5. Additional questions? Check out our new FAQ’s page here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AR81AHqyjJlk9tV46da755TtMr1dEhAwW2PbcdVRYtw/edit
Email Puppyinquiries@MAbernedoodles.com with any other questions 🙂
Please be patient as we receive many inquiries every day, we have current customers to answer questions for and, most importantly, puppies and doggo’s to take care of 🙂
When you decide to purchase a doodle pup from Massachusetts Bernedoodles, you are embarking on a journey! You get to see your puppy from the day they are born until the day they come home via the live 24/7 puppy cams! If you are looking for a puppy immediately, you won’t find one here as they are reserved well in advance because of the care and attention we put into raising these precious Doodle babies. However, on occasion, there are last minute openings!
You are very welcome to visit by appointment and to see the environment in which these beautiful dogs and puppies are raised!
Currently, my breeding program consists of Standard, Mini and Micro Bernedoodles. We recently began breeding F1 Micro and Mini Aussiedoodles, a Australian Shepherd mom paired with a poodle dad! These wait lists are open and accepting deposits now!
(Blue Merle Mini Bernedoodle at 9 weeks old)
There are three generations (F1, F2 and F1b) of Bernedoodles and 4 sizes (Standard, Mini, Micro and tiny) we breed at MBD. Please see the puppy pricing page for more specific information on size and generations.
A cross between a Poodle and a Bernese Mountain Dog or Saint Bernard or Australian Shepherd is known as an “F1” generation. The puppies are 50% Bernese Mountain Dog, Saint Bernard or Australian Shepard and 50% Poodle.
Another type/generation of doodle is a second generation which is called a “F2”. This is where two F1 doodles are paired to produce a litter of F2 puppies, also known as 2nd Generation (It should be called G2!). F2 Bernedoodles are also 50% Bernese and 50% Poodle and the same applies to F2 Saint Berdoodles and Aussiedoodles.Brown & Black, Black/white/brown, sable tri-colored and Brown and white puppies!
Every Doodle from MBD is one-of-a-kind with the most wonderful, family-friendly temperaments. It is always so exciting to see what each litter will look like! Please click on this hyperlink “What do bernedoodles look like” for examples!
Many people inquire about doodles and if they are “hypo-allergenic”. Typically, when a person is allergic to any animal, it can be the dander, saliva and/or coat that they are allergic to. As a result, it would be irresponsible to say that Bernedoodles, or any doodles, are 100% hypo-allergenic pets. However, doodles are widely accepted as the best dog for most people who have allergies.
I can say with confidence that 99% of MBD puppies will be non-shedding! Even my F1 Bernedoodle puppies rarely have a low-shedding coat. Just one puppy to date has been low shedding and he looked exactly like a Bernese Mountain Dog! Wonderful news for anyone allergic to shedding dogs!
Standard sized Bernedoodle puppies will take about 2 full years to reach their adult size and will range between 45-85 lbs, depending on the size of the parents. When fully grown and also depending on the parents’ sizes, Mini Bernedoodles range between 35-45 lbs. Micro’s between 20-35lbs and Tiny’s between 15-25lbs. Great for you jet-setters out there!
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!